Treasure - Virtual Geocaching
- #: 189733
- Price: free ($0.00) In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2010-12-28
- Current Version: 1.1
- 1.1 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 7.00 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Josh Pressnell
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G. Requires iOS 3.1 or later
- © 2010 Verietas Software
Add to Favorite apps
The world of geocaching has never been so accessible or so competitive! In Treasure, players compete to see who can build the biggest stash of gold. But be careful! Gold held in your treasure chest doesn't gain value, and once you've…..
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Great Concept, Fun Game
Overall this is a fun treasure hunt game that has a lot to offer. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is because there are some major areas that need improvement. For instance, in order for the Minion Robot's walking timer to count down you must have the My Chest page open. Considering that the treks are often lengthy and many people have their iPhone devices set to lock after a given amount of time, this is irritating.
I also think that the hidden treasures should display on the map and be free for all to see or consider adopting a system similar to geocaching.com and have some of the hides available for premium members only (maybe hides over a certain number of coins).
Great Concept, Fun Game
Overall this is a fun treasure hunt game that has a lot to offer. With some refinement, it could be awesome!
Areas that need improvement include:
- Allow the minion robot's timer to count down without having to have the My Chest page open
- Display hidden treasures on the map for all to see at no extra cost or consider adopting a system similar to geocaching.com's where some of the hides available for premium members only (maybe hides over a certain number of coins).
- Create an Instructions/Help page in the app or provide such info on your website.
Also, what does the number found in parenthesis after the 5 Miles Scan mean? Is it the number of hidden treasures found in the scan, the number of scans left, or what?
I love the idea...
Tom Irish write:
I think this could be a great app but it has a few bugs like crashing when I go to the store. Also, there just are too many people playing right now. I would recommend it more but it needs more features and fewer bugs.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes